Saturday, May 24, 2008

No Shield For You!


For aesthetic purposes, I thought it would be nice to show you what Salanthe looks like. I took a screenshot of her log in page and posted it to the blog.

As soon as I did that and viewed the blog, my little insecurity monster reared his head and compelled me to make another post apologizing for my gear. So here you go: the story of why Salanthe looks like she does.

My guild is 5/5 MH, 7/9 BT. The short version is that Sal has three pieces of T6 - shoulders, helm, and gloves. She's been exceptionally lucky in MH (in some ways) and has both the chest and legs.

I'm sure there are those readers out there who will look at that screenshot and immediately take note of her shield, belt, and mace. Yes, they are all badge vendor items, as are her boots. The belt, boots, and mace I can make excuses for. They are simply amazing pieces of gear. The shield... Well, meet my source of perpetual embarrassment.

I have a problem. It's a shield problem. No shield will ever drop for me. If my guild leader had not forced me to go spend badges on the Barbie Dream Shield, I mean the Light-Bearer's Faith Shield, I would still be using the Crystal Pulse Shield. I kid you not.

I've been running Karazhan almost weekly since November and have only seen the Triptych Shield of the Ancients drop once; after I got the badge shield. I've been doing Zul'Aman twice weekly for a month, and somewhat more sporadically for a few months prior, and have not seen the Enamelled Disc of Mojo drop yet. I have been doing Mount Hyjal for several months now and have not been present the two times my guild has seen the Bastion of Light drop. I have terrible, horrible luck with shield drops.

I am truly embarrassed to walk around carrying that shield when the rest of my gear is so solid. Someday I will be lucky... Though the joke is that we will be finished with Sunwell Plateau and Wrath of the Lich King will be out before I see a shield upgrade. I'm inclined to believe that.

No comments: