Saturday, July 12, 2008

Learning to Play

I didn't pvp on Salanthe at all until level 70. No battlegrounds, no world pvp, and certainly no arenas. After a series of duels I lost this morning with my baby shaman, I think that's why I suck so much at shaman pvp.

I'm making this twink shaman to replace Zgu in the 39 bracket. Her name is Zrii and I'm excited about her. I've got her gear planned out and already own quite a few pieces. All she really needs is some leveling. Well, I decided to mess around on her this morning; at least get her to level 10. As I was running through Razor Hill, turning in some quests, another level 10 shaman challenges me to a duel.

I have a level 70 shaman, right? I'm shaman class officer of the most progressed guild Horde-side on the server. I should be able to soundly beat this little level 10 shaman in cloth. Well, I didn't. In fact, I lost three times before the shaman left. How incredibly humiliating! I'm not even sure what I did wrong, except suck.

Now I'm torn. I don't know if it's a good idea for me to make a shaman twink. I'm pretty terrible at it, obviously, and a shaman might be too much pressure. On the other hand, I have this hope that by learning to pvp at level 39, I'll become better at it on Salanthe. And of course, hope wins. I'm still apprehensive though.

So Zrii is on her way to replacing Zgu, gaining 3 levels this morning. Heneli got some attention too, and thanks to a friend running me through RFK, RFD, and SM Cath, she's now level 31. Heneli will get her bony pony with the next patch!

No comments: